Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Beginning Or The End


Forest Trail, On the Way
On the Way
I guess this is the beginning, if a beginning is possible or an end.  Can anything truly have a beginning or an end?  Only God really knows, he thought us into being before our parents ever met.  He planned out our lives in the darkness of nothingness before the starting line was even drawn.  After we are at our end, our spirit and memory will live on beyond the crossing of the finish line.  We will then wait for the reunion with the Host and all those we have left behind.  We really have no control over the beginning of the story or its end.  Only what we make of the middle of the story, can we have effect over how the path travels and turns.  Decisions are brought before us and we make a choice. 

Choice!  That would be probably the most important aspect of our creation, the fact that God gave us choice.  I ponder on occasion why did God give us such an open book?  Why create a masterpiece that has the choice to let itself be destroyed?  I like to compare it to the character of a robot.  Robots have on choice, no ability to decide on their own.  They can only choose from the parameters their creator has given.  Their creator gives them limited decisions within the guidelines of what they are requested to do.  They cannot object or refuse.  Do not know to question or debate.  They do what is asked and nothing more.   To me that seems like a shallow and very hollow way of existing, if I would have been a robot.  Perhaps that is why we are not robots.  God made us in his image. 

What does that mean, to be in God’s image?  Does it mean that we have two legs like him, two arms and fingers and toes?  That we have eyes, a nose and a mouth?  Are these really the things that define us to be in his image or is it something more, something deeper. 

These are thoughts that run through my head.  Churn and spill out at all hours of the day and night. I seek out the answers and wish for all who will read to seek them with me.  My Savior lives and I seek Him with all that I am.


“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.” Psalms 139: 13, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment